Our aim is to develop and participate in different research activities creating interfaces between academia and society, contributing for a energy sustainable future.
- Electromechanical prototype development;
- Time-to-market optimization through the use of advanced simulation and analysis, with SolidWorks, FEMM, ANSYS, MATLAB, Simulink, GAMS, EagleCAD, among others;
- Use of technical computer language MATLAB®, for algorithms development, data analysis, graphic visualization and numerical computing;
- Numerical simulation using model-based design techniques in MATLAB®\Simulink® environment for modelling, analysis and simulation of dynamic and integrated systems in several fields;
- High-level programming tools as the “System Generator for DSP™” from Xilins, Inc. that enables the use of MathWorks model-based Simulink® design environment, for FPGA-based development board programming in real-time integrated hardware systems;
- Simulation, analysis and design of electrical machines and other electromagnetic devices based on finite element method using CAD and CAE tools (e.g. FEMM, ANSYS);
- Numerical simulation of electric power grids by the PSS/E software;
- Resolution of optimization problems by GAMS software;
- Design of printed circuit boards (PCB) using EagleCAD up to 4 layers;
- Production of PCB using SMD/SMT components down to 0402 size;
- C++ programming of ATMEL microcontrollers (Arduino and ATMEL Studio);
- Development of forecast models for energy generation and consumption with associated uncertainty;
- Soft computing techniques as artificial neural networks, fuzzy logic and swarm intelligence.